How do students download a Google Doc as a PDF?
To upload a written piece of work to Paper that has been written on Google Docs, students must download their Google Doc as a PDF. Here’s how:
From a web browser
- Open the Google Doc
- In the left-hand corner, click File
- From the drop-down menu, click Download
- Select PDF Document. The file will be saved in your Downloads folder (laptop) or Files folder (iPad or Chromebook) folder.
- Follow the instructions on Paper to upload the file to Essay Review.
From a Google Doc app on a tablet:
1. Open the Google Doc app on the iPad
2. Select the document and tap on the three-dot icon
3. From the menu, select Share and export, followed by Send a copy.
4. Select PDF from the pop-up menu and hit OK
5. Then, select the Save to Files option to save it on the device or use other sharing options.
6. Return to the home screen, click the Files app and select the downloaded essay
Upload a PDF to Essay Review
Students can follow these steps to upload their PDF document to Essay Review using their iPad:
- Go to app.paper.co and login to Paper
- Select the Essay Review tab
- Click on Submit New Essay, then Select File to attach, followed by Browse on the pop up menu.
- Select the document from the respective folder. The essay will be automatically uploaded. Then, fill in all the details about the essay. This way the tutor’s feedback can be specific to the teacher’s instructions
- Click on Review my Essay